New Business Manager
The aim of the post is to achieve monthly revenue targets through a targeted, high energy approach, primarily by phone. This will involve a solid understanding of prospective clients and their requirements, the ability to talk confidently and competently about the service and an effective closing sales technique.
- To consistently achieve monthly revenue targets by calling prospective clients, offering trials/demos and closing sale.
- Maintain an effective pipeline of relevant major prospective clients from an allocated sector(s).
- Through the sales cycle:
- To have an in-depth knowledge of the service in order to provide an effective solution for prospective clients.
- Establish prospective client requirements in the context of their communications and other objectives.
- Develop and maintain good relationships during the sales process, maintaining regular, pertinent and helpful contact with the prospect throughout the trial.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to the prospective client on related subjects such as copyright
- Carry out effective negotiation on pricing where required.
- Formulate a clear Proposal detailing the service whilst managing the client’s expectations.
- Provide a high quality handover to Client Services.
- Manage communication of information and service updates to prospective clients.
- Work closely with client service and support staff.
- Prepare effectively for calls and meetings.
- Maintain high levels of commercial awareness in order to achieve the best possible financial outcome.
- Maintain accurate CRM and other records of client interaction.
- Proven track record in telephone lead generation and selling in a consultative sales environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience of media intelligence services
- Sound commercial outlook and ability to respond to market trends
- An ability to ask intelligent, informed questions of the prospect to fully establish their requirements, and communicate this back to the business
- Demonstrable record of effective relationship building
- Highest level of interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent communication abilities, oral, written and face-to-face
- Ability to stay calm and maintain friendly rapport under pressured conditions
- Tenaciousness in developing opportunities, and resilience to demanding client expectation
- Knowledge of Pipeline Management
- Evidence of high volume of calls
- Sense of Humour